Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Immigrant Visas

Green Card Holders

The Embassy cannot provide replacement Permanent Resident cards ("green cards") or extend the validity of an expired card. However, if your card has been lost, stolen, or is expired, you may come to the Embassy to apply for a Boarding Foil (formerly known as Transportation Letter) to travel back to the U.S.  For issuance of Boarding Foil, email us for an appointment at We will then give you an appointment to attend an interview with Consul.

In order to get a Boarding Foil, you must provide following documents:

For information on replacing your lost/stolen/expired green card upon reentering the U.S., please consult the Department of Homeland Security US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) website for detailed instructions.

Note: There is no fee is charged to issue a Boarding Foil.

Contact Information

  • The Immigrant Visa Unit is located at:

    U.S. Embassy Consular Section
    Big Ring Road
    Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

    If you have questions regarding the status of an immigrant visa petition, please send an email to

Adobe Reader

  • Download Free Download Free
    All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you need to have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download a free version by clicking the link above.