Green Card Holders
The Embassy cannot provide replacement Permanent Resident cards ("green cards") or extend the validity of an expired card. However, if your card has been lost, stolen, or is expired, you may come to the Embassy to apply for a Boarding Foil (formerly known as Transportation Letter) to travel back to the U.S. For issuance of Boarding Foil, email us for an appointment at UlaanbaatarIV@state.gov. We will then give you an appointment to attend an interview with Consul.
In order to get a Boarding Foil, you must provide following documents:
- Your passport
- One photo (5cmx5cm)
- I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card (PDF, 136KB)
- Proof of your current legal permanent resident status (photocopy of green card, etc.)
- Proof that you have been in the U.S. within the last year.
For information on replacing your lost/stolen/expired green card upon reentering the U.S., please consult the Department of Homeland Security US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) website for detailed instructions.
Note: There is no fee is charged to issue a Boarding Foil.
The Immigrant Visa Unit is located at:
U.S. Embassy Consular Section
Big Ring Road
If you have questions regarding the status of an immigrant visa petition, please send an email to UlaanbaatarIV@state.gov.
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you need to have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download a free version by clicking the link above.
- NEW: Follow Ambassador Galt on Twitter!
- Visa questions? Stay connected with our Consular Section via Facebook!
- U.S. Embassy on Facebook
- U.S. Embassy on Twitter
- U.S. Embassy on Youtube
- U.S. Embassy on Flickr
- American Cultural and Information Center in Ulaanbaatar on Facebook
- American Cultural and Information Center in Ulaanbaatar on Twitter
- American Cultural and Information Center in Khovd on Facebook