Current Vacancy Announcements
The U.S. Embassy in Ulaanbaatar is seeking an individual for the position of Medical Voucher Examiner. Read more »
The U.S. Embassy in Ulaanbaatar is seeking an individual for the position of Program Management Assistant. Read more »
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
- Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174) - PDF 56.13 KB; or
- A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 – 24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; or
- A current resume of curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE; plus
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
If an applicant is submitting a resume or curriculum vitae, s/he must provide the following information equal to what is found on the UAE.
Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application.
- Position Title
- Position Grade
- Vacancy Announcement Number (if known)
- Dates Available for Work
- First, Middle, and Last Names as well as any other names used
- Date and Place of Birth
- Current Address, Day, Evening, and Cell phone numbers
- U.S. Citizenship Status (Yes or No) & status of permanent U.S. Resident (Yes or No; if yes, provide number)
- U.S. Social Security Number and/or Identification Number
- Eligibility to work in the country (Yes or No)
- Special Accommodations the Mission needs to provide
- If applying for position that includes driving a U.S. Government vehicle, Driver’s License Class / Type
- Days available to work
- List any relatives or members of your household that work for the U.S. Government (include their Name, Relationship, and Agency, Position, Location)
- U.S. Eligible Family Member and Veterans Hiring Preference
- License, Skills, Training, Membership, and Recognition
- Language Skills
- Work Experience
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employees Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Human Resources Unit
U. S. Embassy
Ulaanbaatar - 14192
P.O.Box - 341
Note: Applications can be delivered to the Embassy in person.
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you need to have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download a free version by clicking the link above.