VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT - 27/2012
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Fixed-term Guard (FSN-3)
OPENING DATE: July 23, 2012
CLOSING DATE: August 6, 2012
WORK HOURS: 40 hours per week.
The U.S. Embassy in Ulaanbaatar is seeking an individual for the position of Guard.
Basic Function of Position
Responsible for the security of the Ambassador, all Embassy staff and the entire Diplomatic compound of the U.S. Embassy and all facilities and property therein.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
- Prior Work Experience: At least one (1) year job experience in police, army or private security.
- Language Proficiency: Level II (Limited knowledge) of speaking/reading English; and Level IV (Fluent) of speaking/reading/writing Mongolian.
- Job Knowledge: Position requires a thorough knowledge of law-enforcement and security surveillance techniques. Knowledge of host country law enforcement organizations, responsibilities and capabilities is required.
- Skills and Abilities: Demonstrate ability to carry and use appropriately security protective equipment (to include baton and handcuffs.) Must be able to perform basic unarmed self-defense techniques which require mobility of extremities. Vision, hearing and speaking must be normal or correctable to normal. Be physically fit, able to perform strenuous and physically demanding duties, including working outside in extreme weather conditions.
- Hold a current valid driver’s license.
- Management must take into consideration anti-nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status issues in determining qualified candidates.
- Current employees serving a probationary and waiting period are not eligible to apply.
- Current employees with an Overall Summary Rating of “Needs Improvement” or “Unsatisfactory” on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a FMA appointment are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed Non Ordinary Residents (NORs) hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a While Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a security and medical clearances.
When equally qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (AEFMs) and U.S. Veterans will be given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate address the required qualifications above in the application.
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following, or the application will NOT be considered:
- U.S. and Mongolian Citizens must submit an Application for Employment as a Locally Employed (LE) Staff or Family Member (DS-174) - (PDF 195kb)
- Any other relevant supporting documents such as essays, certificates, awards, and/or copies of licenses and degrees earned that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
MAIL: Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar-13, POB 1021
U. S. Embassy
Human Resources Office
ACCEPTANCE CUT OFF OF APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION: 5 P.M., August 6, 2012.
Application Will Not be Returned.
The U.S. Mission to Mongolia provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation.
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.