Report Death Abroad
Death of an American Citizen abroad
In the event of the death of an American Citizen in Mongolia, please contact the Consular Section of the US Embassy in Mongolia. During regular business hours, please contact us at +976-70076001 or by email at UlaanbaatarACS@state.gov. After Embassy working hours, please contact the Embassy Duty Officer at +976-9911-4168.
Please be aware that you will be asked to provide as much as possible of the following information relating to the deceased:
- Date and place of birth
- Date and place of death (e.g. name and address of the hospital)
- Cause of death (if known)
- Most recent U.S. passport number
- Social Security Number
- Military I.D. number (if applicable)
- Name and contact details of the next of kin
- Most recent address in America
The Consular Section can assist the family in making arrangements with local authorities for preparation and disposition of the remains, following the family's instructions in accordance with local law.
A consular “Report of Death of an American Citizen Abroad” will be prepared. This is a report that provides the essential facts concerning the death of a U.S. citizen, disposition of remains, and custody of the personal effects of a deceased citizen.
Contact Consular Section
- NEW: Follow Ambassador Galt on Twitter!
- Visa questions? Stay connected with our Consular Section via Facebook!
- U.S. Embassy on Facebook
- U.S. Embassy on Twitter
- U.S. Embassy on Youtube
- U.S. Embassy on Flickr
- American Cultural and Information Center in Ulaanbaatar on Facebook
- American Cultural and Information Center in Ulaanbaatar on Twitter
- American Cultural and Information Center in Khovd on Facebook