A Non-Immigrant visa is the visa issued to persons with a permanent residence outside the U.S. but who wishes to be in the U.S. on a temporary basis (i.e. Tourism, medical treatment, business, temporary work, or study).
Please follow our step by step guide to apply for Non-Immigrant visa.
HOW TO APPLY
- STEP 1: SELECT THE VISA TYPES
- STEP 2: PAY THE APPLICATION FEE
STEP 3: COMPLETE THE DS-160 ONLINE APPLICATION
Note: If your DS-160 does not provide complete and accurate information, the Embassy will not process the application. You will be required to update or correct your DS-160 and return to the Embassy at a later time to finish the application process.
STEP 4: SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT(S) THROUGH THE APPOINTMENT CENTER
Applicants under the age of 14 and at the age of 80 or over are not required to appear in person for an interview. They have two options:
- Parent(s) may bring in the child's application at the time of his or her interview. Also applicant(s) may bring application of their parent(s) who are 80 or over. No separate appointed is needed.
- Children under 14 and applicants at the age of 80 or over may also drop-off their application package without scheduling appointment.
STEP 5: APPEAR AT THE EMBASSY FOR INTERVIEW (NOT REQUIRED FOR ALL APPLICANTS)
Your scheduled appointment time is your building entry time. Please do not arrive early. You will not be allowed to enter the building more than 15 minutes before your appointment.
Applicants over the age of 18 should come alone to their interviews. Disabled people or applicants with serious medical condition may be accompanied by their caregiver.
It is important to be honest during the interview. Misleading, lying, and/or presenting false or altered documentation may result in a permanent visa ineligibility.
- Citizen Identification Card (ID)
- Passport with sufficient visa page, and valid for at least six months beyond the intended stay in the U.S.
- Confirmation page of the DS-160 application form
- One photo - size: 5cm x 5 cm, background: white
- Khan bank visa fee receipt: Pink copy
- F, M and J visa applicants must bring the original I-20 or DS-2019 and SEVIS fee receipt
- H, P and other petition-based visa applicants may bring I-797, I-129 form copies and other petition-related documents
- STEP 6: PICK UP PASSPORT AND VISA (IF APPROVED)
If you have an inquiry about fees and appointments, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Visa application service call center at 7555-1100.
For questions about a specific visa case, please send your inquiries to the Consular Section e-mail address at UlaanbaatarNIV@state.gov.
- NEW: Follow Ambassador Galt on Twitter!
- Visa questions? Stay connected with our Consular Section via Facebook!
- U.S. Embassy on Facebook
- U.S. Embassy on Twitter
- U.S. Embassy on Youtube
- U.S. Embassy on Flickr
- American Cultural and Information Center in Ulaanbaatar on Facebook
- American Cultural and Information Center in Ulaanbaatar on Twitter
- American Cultural and Information Center in Khovd on Facebook