Mongolians who wish to enter the United States must first obtain a visa. Non-immigrant visas are for international travelers coming to the U.S. temporarily. This visa allows you to travel to a U.S. port-of-entry and request permission from the Department of Homeland Security immigration inspector to enter the U.S. A visa does not guarantee entry into the United States. Learn More
- Visa Types for Temporary Visitors
- Tourist and Business Visas
- Student Visas
- Who May Accompany Applicant
- Visa Fraud Warning
Please, note that only Electronic identification card is officially considered as your personal ID. Therefore, you must bring it when you come to the Embassy for your visa interview.
Please make sure your passport has at least 6 months validity and plain visa page.
What to bring with you:
- National Identification Card (ID);
- Passport valid for at least six months beyond the intended stay in the United States;
- Confirmation page of the DS-160 application form;
- One photo - size: 5cm x 5 cm, background: white;
Check here for the requirements for photograph.
- Visa fee receipt: both pink and yellow slips;
- Appointment confirmation sheet;
- Any other supporting documents.
Updates on Operational Status
12 August 2014
- We have made significant progress and issued most of the worldwide backlog of nonimmigrant visa cases. We are working to bring the Consular Consolidated Database back to full operational capacity.
- We continue to prioritize immigrant visas, adoption cases, and emergency nonimmigrant visa cases. We are printing visas for these cases and all cases with very few delays.
- Please check with the embassy or consulate where you will apply for additional information.
If you have an inquiry about fees and appointments, please write to email@example.com or call the Visa application service call center at 7555-1100.
For questions about a specific visa case, please send your inquiries to the Consular Section e-mail address at UlaanbaatarNIV@state.gov.