Current Scholarship Announcements
2014-2015 Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowships
The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in Ulaanbaatar is pleased to announce the start of the application period for the 2014-2015 Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program. This is a one-year, non-degree professional exchange program. It provides approximately a year of study and related professional experience in the U.S. to mid-career professionals working in the public service fields listed below, in either the public or private sector:
- Agricultural Development/Agricultural Economics
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention
- Economic Development, Finance and Banking
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Higher Education Administration
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Natural Resource and Environmental Policy and Climate Change
- Human Resources Management
- Public Health Policy and Management
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
- Technology Policy and Management
- Trafficking of Persons, Policy and Prevention
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Law and Human Rights
To be eligible for a Humphrey Fellowship, applicants must be Mongolian citizens currently living in Mongolia, and must have:
- Must have a university degree (B.A. or equivalent)
- Five years of continuous and substantial professional experience in Mongolia immediately preceding the application
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and a record of public service
- Fluent in English, IBT score of 68, Institutional TOEFL 520 will be acceptable (Please provide a copy of your score sheet, applications without valid TOEFL score will not be considered )
- Preference will be given to candidates with limited prior experience in the U.S
Non Eligibility: Recent graduates, university teachers with no management responsibilities (except in the fields of drug abuse prevention), individuals with less than 5 years of experience, individuals with recent U.S. experience (more than 6 months within the last 5 years) individuals who have attended a graduate school in the U.S. for one academic year or more during the seven years prior to August 2013 and individuals with U.S permanent resident status are not eligible for the Humphrey program.
- The Public Affairs Section will select up to four Mongolian candidates for the 2014-2015 Humphrey Fellowship competition. These individuals will compete against candidates from all of Asia for the fellowships.
The deadline for applications is noon 12:00 April 1, 2013.
Interviews will take place in late April to early May, 2013. Applicants must be present for the interview.
Completed applications must be returned to Public Affairs Section by noon 12:00 on April 1, 2013:
Entry House, U.S. Embassy
Big Ring Road, XI Microdistrict, Ulaanbaatar
Telephone: 70076001 ext. 6182
Join Our Online Community
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.