Global UGRAD Scholarship 2013 – 2014
The Public Affairs Section of US Embassy, Ulaanbaatar is pleased to announce
GLOBAL UGRAD SCHOLARSHIP 2013 – 2014.
The goal of the UGRAD Scholarship program is to provide a diverse group of emerging student leaders with a substantive exchange experience at an American college or university. Students both from rural and urban areas are encouraged to apply.
The Global UGRAD Program offers one-semester and one-academic year scholarships to outstanding undergraduate students for non-degree study at accredited American institutions.
To qualify, the students must:
- Be a second or third year student of a university in Mongolia (4th year students enrolled in 5 or more years of the university program are eligible as well)
- Have a GPA of no less than 3.0. Please attach your academic transcript in English issued by your school
- Provide a valid IBT score of 61 or Institutional TOEFL of 500. (Note: students from rural areas may apply with a TOEFL score of 450 or higher.)
- Provide three reference letters
- Be 18 - 24 years old at the time of application
- Be motivated, have a record of leadership through academic work, community involvement, and extracurricular activities.
Global UGRAD Participants must return to their home country upon completion of the program and may not stay on for degree study in the U.S.
Please note that majors such as Medicine, Law, TESL and Pharmaceutical Studies are typically offered as graduate level degrees at U.S. Universities. At the undergraduate level, TESL is usually offered as a minor within the Education Major, Medicine is Pre-Medicine’ and Law is Pre-Law.”
The GLOBAL UGRAD application must be received before 5:00PM November 15, 2012. Application forms can be downloaded from here.
Applications must be mailed to:
U.S. Embassy in Mongolia
P.O. Box 20/341
Ulaanbaatar - 14192
Or brought in person to:
U.S. Embassy - Big Ring Road, XI Microdistrict, Ulaanbaatar