2014-2015 Fulbright Student Fellowships Funded by Department of State
The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy to Mongolia is now accepting applications for the 2014 -2015 Fulbright Student Fellowship Program. Fulbright Student Fellowships are part of a U.S. Government-funded academic exchange program and fund graduate-level (M.A., M.S) studies at U.S. universities.
Fulbright Student Fellows are selected by the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy. Applicants will be assessed on the contribution that their study would make to greater understanding between the United States and Mongolia, and the likehood of the applicant performing successfully in a U.S. Academic setting.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Be a Mongolian citizen, currently living in Mongolia
- Hold a university degree (at least B.A. or equivalent)
- Be Fluent in English (IBT score of 80, Institutional TOEFL 550. (If you have not taken the test yet, it is important that you take the test as soon as possible. We will accept Institutional TOEFL score at this stage. Please note that applications submitted without TOEFL score sheet will be disqualified)
Note: Preference will be given to candidates who have not had extensive recent experience in the United States. Candidates who are engaged in studying in the U.S or residing in the U.S are Not Eligible
The Program supports study in most fields of social sciences and humanities, and some fields in science and technology including:
- American Literature
- American Studies
- Business (all areas)
- Community/Urban Planning
- Economic Development
- Environmental Studies
- Fine and Performing Arts
- International Relations
- Library Science
- Management of IT and Information Systems
- Natural Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health
- Public Policy
- Social Work
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Women’s Studies/Gender and Development
Interviews will take place mid May or early June, 2013. Applicants must be present for the interview.
Completed applications must be returned to Public Affairs Section by 12 Noon on April 8, 2013:
Entry House, U.S. Embassy
Big Ring Road, XI Microdistrict, Ulaanbaatar
Telephone: 70076001 ext: 6182
Join Our Online Community
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.