U.S. Citizen Services
Services for American citizens needing non-emergency assistance is available from the Consular Section on Mondays and Thursdays from 1:00pm to 3:00pm, by appointment only. To make an appointment please visit the U.S. Citizens Services Appointment System
In case of an actual emergency involving a US citizen, please call the Embassy at 976-7007-6001 if it is during regular business hours (8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday). If it is after business hours, on weekends or holidays, please contact the Embassy duty officer at 99114168. If you are calling from the US, please dial 976-99114168.
Note that this number is only for American citizens in Mongolia needing emergency assistance. It is available after business hours during the week and 24 hours a day on weekends and holidays, for emergency assistance only. All non-emergency inquiries should be directed to 976-70076001.
Emergencies and Crises
- NEW: Follow Ambassador Galt on Twitter!
- Visa questions? Stay connected with our Consular Section via Facebook!
- U.S. Embassy on Facebook
- U.S. Embassy on Twitter
- U.S. Embassy on Youtube
- U.S. Embassy on Flickr
- American Cultural and Information Center in Ulaanbaatar on Facebook
- American Cultural and Information Center in Ulaanbaatar on Twitter
- American Cultural and Information Center in Khovd on Facebook