American Cultural & Information Centers
The American Cultural and Information Centers are small American style libraries. The Centers are operated jointly by the U.S. Embassy and the Ulaanbaatar Public Library and Khovd Central Public Library. The Centers help students, researchers, teachers and the general public learns more about the U.S. and it encourage mutual understanding between the United States and Mongolia. The Centers offer different resources and information on American topics, provide free Internet access, an English language library and reference services.
The American Cultural and Information Centers in Mongolia provide accurate and reliable information about the U.S., provide research and learning facilities, accommodate intellectual pursuits with quality resources for all academic levels, and introduce American values, culture and ideas to the general public.
Collections and Resources
- Print collections of reference titles, works of fiction, business, social science, politics, education and culture
- Magazines, journals and U.S. government reports and publications
- Electronic journals from the U.S. Department of State, The Bureau of International Information Programs
- Free internet access to resources at U.S. and international websites, non-U.S. government organizations, think tanks and academic institution
- Access to multimedia: audio and video products such as CDs and DVDs for music and film collections, and CD-ROMs for reference information resources
- Access to computers, printers, and copier, as well as facilities to send and receive documents electronically via e-mail or fax
If you need information about the U.S. government, society, international relationships, federal and state laws, regulations, homeland security, the military, economics, business and commerce, citizenship, human rights, democracy, values, culture and education, you can use the ACIC library books and internet services.